|Chicken Enchilada Wonton Cups|
Recipe type: Appetizer
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 37 mins
I love appetizers and my favorite cuisine is Mexican, so when I was trying to come up with a new “secretly diet-friendly” appetizer, I came up with these Mexican style little cups. At 1 Points Plus Value, I can feel like I really did have a treat without falling off the wagon to do it!
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 6 0z. grilled chicken breast strips, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small can (1 1/4 oz.) diced green chiles, drained
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced or pressed
- 2 oz. Snyder’s Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup Ortega Taco Sauce
- 1 oz. 2% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 medium avocado, diced
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Saute the onion, pepper, garlic and celery in a nonstick cooking spray until golden brown.
- Add the green chilis and saute a little longer.
- Add chicken broth and the spices.
- Add taco sauce.
- As this comes to a boil, add chicken and crushed tortilla chips.
- Lower the heat and continue to stir until most of the moisture is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with spray and push a wonton wrapper into each cup.
- Spray the wrapers that stick out of the cups with cooking spray.
- Mix 1 1/2 ounces of the cheese into the chicken mixture.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp of the mixture into each wonton.
- Carefully top with the remaining 1/2 ounce of cheese.
- Bake at 350º for 12 minutes
- While baking, put diced avocado in a plastic storage container with the lime juice, cover and shake lightly. Then remove from the lime juice and put in a dry bowl.
- When wonton cups are done (12 minutes), top with diced avocado and serve.
Serving size: 1 Wonton Cup Calories: 58.5 Fat: 1.6 Saturated fat: 0.26 Carbohydrates: 8 Sugar: 0.28 Fiber: 1.26 Protein: 2.9 Cholesterol: 5.7